Sunday, April 27, 2008

We have a D-day!

Oh yeah, I guess I forgot to mention the latest news... Sorry for the delay.
Had my latest appt on Thursday. Everything looked good. I was 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. She asked what I wanted to do. I didn't know that I had options! She said we could wait and measure again at the next appt, go ahead and schedule an induction, or wait it out until the end. I asked her about pros/cons and her thoughts. She suggested an induction to avoid some of the drama we had getting Kenedy into the world. So, she offered Monday or Wednesday as days she would be at the hospital all day. (She only works half time these days, as she just had a baby in January.) She checked the hospital's schedule and said see you Wednesday.

So, if baby girl doesn't decide to make an appearance on her own schedule before then, she will definitely be joining us on Wednesday, April 30. We head into the hospital Wednesday at 7am, go into the ER and register, go up to the 2nd floor and then they'll hook me up to an IV, give me Pitocin, break my water, and go from there. It will be interesting to see how long this whole process lasts.

Look for another update next week... from baby girl Chauvette!