Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Update - Tuesday, May 20

For most people, it's Mondays, but for Kamryn it seems to be Tuesdays that don't agree with her.

You haven't heard from me since last week because Kamryn has been doing so well and we've been busy enjoying our time with her. Unfortunately, early this morning (2:30 am) Kamryn started having seizures again. We've talked to the neurologist and he's upped her dosage of phenobarbital again. It looks like her body is just metabolizing things more quickly than before and the medication wasn't being as effective, at least that is the current thought... I imagine that this something we will continue to see, as she has nothing to do but grow. The medication seems already to have taken effect. We haven't seen a seizure since 7 am, though she now very sleepy and groggy from the increased dose.

I'm sorry that the first post I've put up in a while has to be a bit of a downer, but such is the rollercoaster of my life these days. I'm sure we'll get back to a higher point soon. Hope all is well in your respective worlds.

No comments: