Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Update - Tuesday Night, May 6

We're having a rough night.
Everything was going so well tonight. Kamryn was awake and alert, showing hunger cues when we arrived, took a full 2 ounces, and stayed awake for a while after that. (She usually crashes after a feeding.)
While she was sleeping she woke with a cry and had a seizure. It was similar to those she was having in the hospital the first day she was born. I spare you any more details, but suffice it to say that it looks like the Thursday or Friday homecoming we were looking forward to is not going to happen. As you can imagine, Scott and I are pretty upset. I had gotten my hopes up and heart set on bring her home this week.
We won't know much until we get to talk to a doctor tomorrow morning, but it looks like we are going to be starting over on the "5 days seizure-free" count before coming home.
I'll update when I know more tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, April. You are all in my prayers.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Consider yourself hugged! See you soon.
Love you,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Consider yourself hugged! See you soon.
Love you,
Jill